Founded in 2005, Third Sector Design has a strong track record of helping non profits and political organisations maximize their impact through web technologies.
Since 2008, CiviCRM has been at the heart of our offer to non profits and political organisations. CiviCRM is a customer relationship management (CRM) system designed for non profits, and it ticks a lot of boxes:
- tried and tested - in use at over 10,000 organisations around the world
- well supported - by a range of professional service providers, many of whom we partner with on a regular basis
- easily extended - a solid base that meets most organisational needs and can be extended to cater for unmet needs
- open source - minimising costs for clients, and putting them in full control of their data
As well as CiviCRM, we work with a number of other open source projects (Drupal and Wordpress are two of the more well known). Each of these projects is surrounded by a community that pushes forward what is possible in their particular sphere, and makes the fruits of their labour available to all. We contribute back to the these communities and and make these contributions available to the non profits we work with.
Our projects come in many shapes and sizes. We've worked with over 50 different clients, and in partnership with many other providers. So we have a good idea about what projects that are right for us. Here's a quick summary of what we like:
- work that can be open sourced and shared widely among non profits and similar organisations
- projects that push the boundaries of what is possible with CiviCRM - often through new CiviCRM extensions and integrations with other systems
- organisations that want to engage with open source methods and have staff with fairly strong technical skills
- projects that involve campaigning, fundraising and marketing
Not sure if we are right for you? Get in contact in any case. We're always happy to have an initial conversation and see if we can help, and we'll happily recommend someone else if we don't think we are the right fit.
Staff and partners
Michael McAndrew is our lead consultant. He has worked in the non profit technology sector since 2002 and has been a leading member of the CiviCRM community since 2008. Between 2013 and 2106, he was CiviCRM's community manager but is now back full-time at Third Sector Design. He spends most of his time on client work and CiviCRM community projects like conferences, sprints, documentation infrastructure and other bits and bobs.
Johanna Wallther is our project manager. She joined Third Sector Design in 2015 and ensures we deliver value for every client. Before working at Third Sector Design, she was a project manager at Made-by and logistics coordinator at the sustainable fashion brand People Tree. She also spent a couple of years running a tasty street food stall in Whitecross Street Market, London.
We often work in partnership with other providers that compliment our skill set. This allows us to focus on what we do best, gives you access to experts across many different fields, and ensures that we bring the right team to every project.